Sunday, June 14, 2009

Pearls of Wisdom


Pearls have to be one of my all time favorite kind of jewelry. I received my first strand of pearls when I was 16. I was so proud of my new treasure. I go vintage shopping and always see signs for vintage pearl pieces. How can you find out if the pearl broach or pearl ring you are about to purchase is really a true pearl?

My grandmother, who was an antique dealer, told me a little trick I use whenever I am about to buy pearls. Take the pearl and lightly rub the pearl between your top and bottom teeth. If the pearl feels "sandy", you have found a legit pearl. However, if your pearl feels "slippery", then it's a fake.

This is a great trick that has helped me to decide whether or not I am buying a real pearl.

Happy hunting!

-ani

No comments:

Post a Comment