Thursday, July 23, 2009

Branded and Labeled



Retailers are becoming extremely savvy about providing the consumer with private labels (aka “off brands”). They sometimes are cheaper or better than the leading manufacturers. Let me tell you---- there is nothing “off brand” about these 5 fabulous retailers.

  1. Nordstrom: They offer a wide variety of private label brands including: J.Nordstrom, Brass Plum and Nordstrom (jewelry). I bought some lovely earrings that I sport with out the guilt of spending too much. (My awesome earrings are pictures above!)
  2. Costco: This mega store offers the best of the best brands. The secret? Have other manufacturers give Costco their product and Costco will slap on their private label, Kirkland. Starbucks, Newman’s Own and Sealy are several brand giants who provide their products to Costco but under the name of Kirkland. Genius.
  3. Target: Target walks the walk and talks the talk. They provide us with fashion favorites like Isaac Mizrahi, Converse, and Sonia Kashuk! However, Target’s brands are just as outrageously great as the fashion brands. I love my Target HOME 600 count cotton sheets. Believe it, they are just as good as my 900 count Egyptian cotton sheets from Macy’s.
  4. Heinens: This local grocery store has the finest private label that food can offer. Two Brothers offers a variety of products like their Spice (wildly popular at my household), chipotle roasted chicken and more. Go to www. Heinens.com to find a store nearest you! You will not regret this trip.
  5. Sephora: I was introduced to their brand about 9 years ago. I love their eye shadow selection and they cost a fraction of my beloved M.A.C. eye paint. Whenever I want to try a color, I find Sephora’s brand is the way to do it. Plus, I don’t get buyers remorse.

-ani

No comments:

Post a Comment