Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Panic in the kitchen


I hate it when I look in my fridge and I see nothing to eat. At that point, I am probably too lazy to run to the grocery store, or I am not in the mood for any fast food. However, last night I took a quick inventory of what I already had, and found I could make some really good meatballs for a sub!
What you need:
  • 1lb ground meat (I had turkey on hand)
  • ¾ cup breadcrumbs
  • ¼ cup parmesan cheese (if you don’t have this, just add another ¼ cup of bread crumbs)
  • ¼ cup BBQ sauce (Or any kind of sauce, like marinara)
  • ½ cup any kind of shredded cheese (I used sharp cheddar)
  • Add any kind of spice that you want (Chile powder, Onion powder, Garlic powder) for a little kick

Mix ingredients together, you may need to play around with the ratios.
  • Make the meatballs any size (I like tiny ones for sandwiches)
  • Broil them for 6 minutes on each side
  • Fill up a saucepan with part water, part BBQ sauce- equal portions
  • Simmer meatballs/BBQ sauce for 20 minutes

Voila! This is soooo easy and it takes no effort. Plus, if you make a double batch you can freeze the rest for a later date.

Mangez!

-ani

No comments:

Post a Comment